Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Frozen Pouch Drinks: Parrot Bay Daiquiris

As I was grocery shopping last week I noticed something new: Parrot Bay frozen drink pouches. Since I'm a big fan of Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay line, I had to give these a try.

The flavors I tried were Mango Daiquiri and PiƱa Colada. The mango is really good, but of course I also love Parrot Bay's mango rum. As expected, sweet with a little bit of tanginess.

The pina colada was pretty good too. I'll be honest, it's not the same as a pins colada with fresher ingredients and coconut rum on a beachside bar, but for the price (under $3, plus no tipping anyone or dragging out the blender) it's pretty damn good.

The other thing to keep in mind is just squeezing it or running hot water over it doesn't melt it fast enough (for me) though that does make it more like a snow cone with a kick and it might be a different story if I was drinking it by the pool in the heat of the day. I suggest letting it sit out an hour before drinking it.

Technically these are malt drinks so I doubt there's actually rum in them and I am very much a rum lover, but it's still a great drink, especially with the convenience factor.

It doesn't seem to pack too much of a punch (only 5% alcohol) it's probably a good bet for a party. All in all, these are pretty good, I will be trying some of the other flavors and will probably buy it again.